This morning I was asked:
"If there was one thing you wish you would have known at age 19, that you know now that has bettered your life, what would it be?"
Wow! What a powerful little question to draw out and tap into ones own wisdom!
Here's what I said in response:
- That you are good enough, bright enough, fun enough, pretty enough, magnificent enough.
- That you are a beautiful being who really can achieve whatever you want to in your life.
- Do what you love, and find a way to earn a living do that, then you will be the richest person alive!
- Don't allow your fears to rule your choices, ask for courage and you will receive it.
- Making you happy serves those around you, if you neglect yourself you will be miserable, and have a negative effect on all those around you.
- Love yourself, you are the most important treasure in your life.
What would you say to your 19 year old self?
Leave your answers below and I bet you'll come up with some pretty profound wisdom we wish we'd learned a little earlier!
But then, is it possible to gain wisdom before experience of life? Whether it is or not, having a resource here, to point young people to, just might help them along life's
Tell them here what you'd love to have known when you were their age!